We are excited to bring this technology to our practice and for the value it will add for you, our patients.
What are same-day crowns?
In the past, most common restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as crowns, implants, bridges, and even dental veneers, required multiple dental visits and procedures and resulted in significant time in which patients awaited their new smile. The tooth was prepared for the crown and an impression was made of the area inside the mouth. The impression was then sent to the dental lab to be made. Another visit was required to place the crown, and sometimes more visits were required for a perfect fit.
What has changed?
State-of-the-art technology, computer assisted design (CAD) and computer aided manufacturing (CAM) has revolutionized dental restorations. Using CEREC, an acronym that stands for Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, also known as CERamic REConstruction, we can produce better quality, longer lasting, color and tonal quality matching restorations in one day, even within a couple of hours for some procedures.
Benefits of CEREC Same-Day Crowns
- The #1 benefit is that you get your new smile today, or in some cases in as little as 2 hours!
- One visit means you don’t have to miss too much work, juggle family commitments, or use your vacation time or weekends on multiple visits.
- No more waiting for plastic temporary crowns that are often discolored, sometimes uncomfortable and might need to be re-cemented (another appointment) before the final crown is finished and can be placed.
- Your mouth is digitally mapped out. Gone are the goopy, ill fitting trays to make impressions. Clean, easy and precise.
- It is said that dentistry is half technology and half artistry. With same day CEREC crowns, your doctor has complete control of shape, contour and fit. The equipment is on-site so that any necessary adjustments can be made immediately.
- Color matching and the quality of the reflections and blending with your other teeth is unsurpassed. No more metal, no more bulky porcelain and no more black lines around the gum line.
- Using the CAD/CAM technologies, your crown is milled from a single block of high-quality ceramic that is compatible with the body, has the same characteristics as tooth enamel and is less prone to cracks and flaws than other types of restorations.
- They are smoothly polished, fitted to your exact bite, and have a natural “feel”.
- CEREC same day crowns expand and contract naturally based on hot or cold temperatures, especially good for those who have sensitive teeth.